A nurture campaign is a series of direct marketing tactics, oftentimes emails, that are focused on building credibility and relationships with your leads or prospects. Unlike a promotional campaign, the goal is not a conversion but rather warming up the lead before making a sales pitch.
What do I need to implement a nurture campaign?
- List of prospects or leads
- Data per lead – source, propensity to buy, demographic, etc.
- Predefined prospect journey that includes all touchpoints and triggers
- Content for the campaign – blog posts, infographics, case studies, etc.
- Ideally a marketing app stack and automation tools
Missing automation tools or data? Try a drip campaign.
A drip campaign is similar to a nurture campaign, but it is simply launched at predetermined time intervals and usually not personalized with data. For example, you can send a quarterly email out to all prospects in your list that features your latest blog post.